This tutorial will be focused on configuring Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) VPN access using AnyConnect SSL VPN Client Software.The Cisco AnyConnect client is an SSL−based VPN client .
Cisco AnyConnect Client can be installed on a variety of operating systems, such as Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Linux (Multiple Distros) and MAC OS X.It can be installed manually on the remote PC by the system administrator.It can also be loaded onto the security appliance (ASA) and made ready for download to remote users.
Cisco ASDM can be used for quick configuration of AnyConnect VPN.This tutorial will be demonstrated using CLI only in order to have better look and feel of the technology.The tutorial will be divided into following steps :
- Configuring ASA to generate a Self−Signed Certificate.
- Uploading the AnyConnect Client Image(for WindowXP/Vista etc.) to ASA flash from TFTP server.
- Creating a Group Policy for AnyConnect Clients.
- Configuring Access List Bypass for VPN Connections.
- Configuring a Connection Profile and Tunnel Group for the AnyConnect Client Connections.
- Configuring Users for Remote-Access connections.
- Enabling AnyConnect Client Access to ASA outside interface.
The Software Version used in this tutorial are :
- Cisco ASA 8.0(2)
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client Version 2.2