In previous tutorial GNS3:How to Setup CME SIP trunk to VOIP SIP Service Provider – Part 1, my focus was to register CUCME as a SIP User Agent Client(UAC) to a Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP). In this tutorial, I will show you the steps needed to setup CUCME for routing VOIP calls outbound as well as inbound call setup. This tutorial will also cover some of common mistakes and steps that cause VOIP calls to fail over the SIP trunk primarily the “Unknown Number” error message.
Remember, you will need a SIP VOIP Internet Phone Service Account in order to setup this tutorial .If you haven’t signed up for an account yet , get yourself a Free SIP ITSP Signup account here before moving forward.
Here are few things that i will cover in this part :
- Setting up Inbound and Outbound dial-peers for incoming and outbound calls
- Configuring Voice Translation Profiles for modifying the ANI(caller-id) and DNIS(Called Number)
- Configuring CUCME setup to route all inbound calls to an Operator Extension
- Testing and Verification using ‘Click2Dial‘ method (Simulating an Outbound Call)
- Addressing a “MOST often-made” configuration mistake and its remedy.
You can download Complete Tutorial Series here including this Advanced Setup Tutorial.
Complete Tutorial Series contains :
- How to Setup CME SIP trunk to VOIP SIP Service Provider -Basic Config – Part1a
- How to Setup CME SIP trunk to VOIP SIP Service Provider -Advanced Config -Part1b
- How to Setup CME SIP trunk to VOIP SIP Service Provider – Part 2
- How to Setup CME SIP trunk to VOIP SIP Service Provider – Part 3
Complete Tutorial Series Download Link
NOTE : If you are also interested in Cisco Unified CME Integration to SkypeConnect (Skype for SIP) Service , check this tutorial post instead (which includes this CUCME VOIP SIP Trunk tutorial series as well )
Tags: Call Manager Express, Cisco Unified Communication Manager Express, CME, CUCME, dynagen, dynamips, free voip sip internet phone service, GNS3, Graphical Network Simulator, ip based telephony, Service Provider, Session Initiation Protocol, SIP, sip service provider, sip trunk, sip voip dail-peer, trunk, voice over ip, VOIP