In this tutorial, I will show you how you can setup your PuTTY Connection Manager (PuTTyCM) with GNS3. This will help you to manage all your cisco/network devices from single window. PuTTyCM is a great free utility that allows you manage PuTTY connections. It gives you the ability to create tabs and manage your connections in a much easier fashion.It gives you the power of Secure CRT absolutely FREE.
Here is what PuttyCM author says about it:
“PuTTY Connection Manager is a free PuTTY Client Add-on for Windows platforms which goal is to provide a solution for managing multiple PuTTY instances.”
Here are some of its best features(Directly from PuttCM website):
- Tabs and dockable windows for PuTTY instances.
- Fully compatible with PuTTY configuration (using registry).
- Easily customizable to optimize workspace (fullscreen, minimze to tray, add/remove toolbar, etc…).
- Automatic login feature regardless to protocol restrictions (user keyboard simulation).
- Post-login commands (execute any shell command when logged).
- Connection Manager : Manage a large number of connections with specific configuration (auto-login, specific PuTTY Session, post-command, etc…).
- Quick connect toolbar to quickly launch a PuTTY connection.
- Completely free for commercial and personal use : PuTTY Connection Manager is freeware.
You will need to create a database file yourself OR you can download the one i created for you here (RightClick and Save to your desktop)
Download Putty Connection Manager